This blog is all about how to create make up looks and new ideas and also product reviews!

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Best Quality High End Highlighters-Illuminaters

Hey everyone, thank you for reading!

I was at Sephora and I was experimenting with makeup (obviously) which I love to do!

I am looking to purchase a high end illuminater/highlighter so I was deciding on buying what I have on here. I first take some samples from Sephora before purchasing because I want to try it out.
You cannot take a sample of powders, so obviously I didn't do that.

I heard a lot about the Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer, which some Youtubers were raving about (my favorite beauty guru on Youtube is Farak Dhukai) She mentioned it.

I was thinking, well, lets go check it out!


So I tried it out in Sephora and then my husband took this picture of me. I saw the picture, and you can see that glow, right? Its so beautiful! I fell in love with the Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer. I think the consistency and the texture of the liquid is also very blendable and it has gold shimmers in it so it will make your cheekbones glow.

On top of the Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer, I added ...Urban Decay's Naked Illuminater. in Luminous. It has champagne shimmer, with iridescent shimmer. It was very pigmented, and after trying out all the other brands (Laura Mercier, M.A.C sof and gentle, and Bobbi Brown) I came to the conclusion that I love the Urban Decay's highlight powder. "Dust on Urban Decay’s Naked Illuminated Shimmering Powder for Face and Body to give you a sexy, just-finished flush. Naked Illuminated powder is first baked on a terra cotta disc for 24 hours, and then it is finished by hand. Baking the powder gives it a high level of just-perfect shimmer, without the metallic look of cheaper formulas." (sephora) 

If you want that extreme glow like the picture above, then do what I did. If you want a light natural glow just add the Josie Maran Argan Ilumizaor itself. Adding the Urban Decay Naked Illuminater will give you a bright extreme glow.

So my top two favorite highlighter in liquid and baked powder is


  1. Josie Maran Argan Illunizer
  2. Urban Decay Naked Illumator - in Luminous 
You can purchase them at Sephora, Ulta or the brand websites.

I hope this helped you in choosing a highlighter! 

Now I cant wait to pick these products up soon! 

xoxo
Naz



No comments:

Post a Comment