This blog is all about how to create make up looks and new ideas and also product reviews!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Review


Hey my dollies, I wanted to do a quick review on the popular Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit! The pictures I posted you can see how pigmented the colors are! I customized my palette so I have different shades in my kit. I have Banana, Vanilla, and Champaigne for highlight and for Contour shades I have Earth, Havana and Expresso.

I will tell you why I choose those specific colors. I chose those colors because they were in between. The original contour kit has colors that looked a little muddy and taupe for my complexion so I left Havana in there, but I chose Earth, and Expresso.

Expresso has a chocolate coffee color. It is very pigmented. Expresso is perfect contour color for all skin tones. It is dark and if you contour with it, it will seem like you have a harsh contour going on, but make sure to blend and it will look flawless, especially during weddings and evening events, or when you are going out at night. It will look gorgeous.

Havana, that is in the original contour kit is perfect for skin tones from fair to medium. It is a tan brown that has no other color mixed with it.

Earth which has the red brown color, is my favorite since it will look beautiful on every skin tone from fair to dark. I have a medium skin tone with yellow undertone and if you add Earth on that type of skin tone, your contour will look so gorgeous since the brown red color will pop.

The colors for highlight are also pigmented, and I think the shade Banana is so pretty and it will make your skin look flawless. It is perfect for all skin tones!
Vanilla is a shade that is very light, and it has a pale powder color to it, it will look pretty on fair-medium skin tones and if you have blemishes to cover it is the perfect color!

The shimmering highlight shade I chose is Champaigne, I don't remember if that was in the original kit already or if I chose it to customize (lol) but it is a light gold shade that will look super gorgeous on all skin tones! I personally do not like pink highlight shades, I love gold, I am all about that golden glow! ;)

The pictures I posted on right, I used the Contour kit. I first used MAC mineralized skinfinish foundation, then I contoured my face using Earth and Havana mixed together.

I added banana under the eyes and around the corners of my nose and forehead too.
I added Champaign as a highlight above the on brow bone and cheekbone.

For my eyes: Maybelline Cream shadow in brown, and inglot gel liner no.77 using real techniques liner tip silicone brush since I have allergies to the brush hairs going into my eyes. :/

No lip stick since I wasn't finished and my hubby took a picture before I put lipstick on lol.

I hope you guys like my review and stay tuned for more, I will post more looks soon! :)

To order the contour kit customized palette, you can go on the website or if you want the original kit just go to Ulta or Sephora!
Love,
Naz <3




No comments:

Post a Comment