This blog is all about how to create make up looks and new ideas and also product reviews!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

What to use for light natural contour and highlight for your face

Hey dolls, so I know how popular highlight and contouring has got these days! Sometimes I feel like if I didn't highlight&contour my face my make up is not finished. In a way that can be true, but it is not 100 percent true because sometimes people want that natural look, the look where you want to wear makeup but you don't want to look like a creamy birthday cake lol. When you have to go to weddings or if it is a special event, I understand you want to wear a lot of makeup, I love to look cakey at weddings because I want to look like I have makeup on! Thats the whole point! But sometimes, natural makeup is the way to go if you just want to go out or to school, or work. Atleast in my opinion :)
I will be showing you my favorite products both high end and low end for easy natural highlight and contouring :)



  1. When I hightlight I add the concealer under my eyes to cover the dark circles, bridge of my nose very thin line, cupids bow and little bit on my forehead and chin (little dots) 
  2. I then use my beauty blender to blend that out
  3. I cover that with the loose powder by M.A.C with my beauty blender.
  4. I then use the Lorac bronzer inside the duo and use my small shading brush to create a line carving out my natural cheek bones. I blend it all with a powder stippling brush so there are no harsh lines. 
  5. I add cheek highlight by adding the highlight shade inside the Lorac duo with a fan brush. That give me my light natural contour and hightlight.


The second picture is my drugstore contour and hightlight products.

  1. I first add Maybelline age rewind in Transparent under my eyes to cover dark circles, bridge of my nose (thin line) top of fore head and some dabs on the chin. I blend it all with the sponge that is on the stick.
  2. I then add the cream concealer by milani, and blend it under the eyes, bridge of my nose and also cupids bow. I blend it all with a beauty blender.
  3. With the milani pressed powder I cover the concealed areas that I covered.
  4. I then carve my natural cheek bones by using revlons photoready concealer stick (2 shades darker than my skin tone )
  5. I blend it all with a small stippling brush for no harsh lines.
  6. Last but not least I use my NYX jumbo pencil in Cottage Cheese/ that color is very pigmented and has a white silver shimmer to it. I add that for cheek highlight. It gives the best highlight glow! 


I will upload pictures of my face soon, one side from high end and one side from low end soon.
I hope you enjoyed reading this and I hoped I gave you some ideas on which products to use for a natural high light and contour look!

xoxo,
Naz

No comments:

Post a Comment